So I'm sitting in the UCFV computer lab having just picked up a $1000 bursary! Isn't that great? I wasn't even aware that my depleting bank account was affecting me until I received the letter last week about the bursary and started crying. Free money! I still can't believe it. I was trying to be all tough and mature and was thinking everything through about how I would just go to my bank and get another loan on top of my student loan.
Why was I almost broke you might be wondering? Well the student loans cap off at $5440 for a full-time semester (assumed to be 4-5 classes). Since I am taking 6 classes (would have to pay close to $700 for supplies and books) I was already destined to be short for the semester, and they assessed me at being about $1300 short, advising that I seek money elsewhere. Their assessment was not entirely accurate though because they are expecting an average student to have a fairly decent extra-curricular life, which I do not have this semester; so I was going to be about $500-$700 short. Why not just get a job? Well I have one job, not two like I had last semester. I could not commit to working at the English academy 3 days a week because of time restraints and conflicts, so I have kept my Real estate assistant job 3 hours a week. I'm not exactly racking in the dough at 3 hours a week! I am thankful though because it helps pay for gas.
But I got a bursary! I was really not anticipating receiving one, simply because I assumed there were people that were in more need. But I guess I was that person 'in need' this time.
Anyway, this is very exciting for me and I am so thankful for God's provision. It's interesting how this $1000 dollars is such a big deal for me, when last year it would have just been nice. Now it's like a life saver. I can buy food for March and April! It is as though I was given this gift when I would be sure to appreciate it.....and boy do I ever.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so happy for you. God really is amazing isn't He. Lets chat soon okay. We need to catch up. Let me know when you need a study break and I'll call. love and hugs.
Post a Comment